Sunday 8 January 2012

Pineapple Tarts

This is the best pineapple tarts recipe which I had came across so far. This recipe was given to me by my auntie. Texture of these delicious pineapple tarts skin melt in your mouth, which I personally like melt in the mouth type of pineapple tarts rather than those harder texture type. For the fillings, I used the ready made type which can be easily bought from most supermarket. I make my pineapple tarts in balls (see picture) as it is a faster way.

Here's the steps to delicious pineapple tarts...

Ingrdients:-
1 packet ready made pineapple fillings
2 pieces of salted butter (250g each)
800g of plain flour
4 egg yolks
1 spoon of sugar (I used the metal spoon which we use for eating rice)
1/2 spoon of baking powder (I used the small spoon for drinking tea/ coffee)
1/2 spoon of salt (I used the small spoon for drinking tea/ coffee)

Egg yolks (Optional: for glazing)


Directions:-
1. Roll the ready made pineapple fillings into small balls of equal size.

2. Combine all Ingrdients in the mixing bowl and using the table mixer to mix all ingredients until well coporated. You should get a soft dough.

3. Wrap the pineapple fillings with the dough from No.2. Make sure each balls are equal in size. Place the pineapple tarts on the baking tray, egg brush the top of the pineapple tarts if you want (I don't egg brush mine).

4. I bake my pineapple tarts at 160 degree for around 15-20 mins.

5. After the tarts are ready, remove from oven and let cool before storing into containers.

Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment